TENMILE LAKES ASSOCIATION
April MEETING 4.07.2021
Location: Online Meeting, Time: 6 pm
Alan Whitney, Blume Bauer, Debbie Newman, Greta Krost, John Reiss, Renee Towan, Jim Towan, Denise Jones
Minutes from March 2021
If covid levels drop, we might be able to meet in person for May meeting.
Vice President’s Report
Nothing new to report
Member at Large Report
Nothing to report.
· Alan is reviewing a summary report from a land trust conservancy to evaluate potential problems about Big Creek land acquisition to restore wetlands. He sees that one of the larger issues is property tax.
• Fireworks – City Council meeting tomorrow on 4/8/2021 and fireworks is on the agenda. Towans will report back to board members.
• Earth Day clean up for debris in the lake!! A barge will be on N and S Lake On April 24 and collective effort on May 1, dumpster is emptied May 3 at County Docks. Beach Crew Wulfy Beach – First weekend in May. Need volunteers to clean up shorelines around creek inlet by Ringos and canal.
· Membership spreadsheet needs lots of attention.
· Blume said we could set up auto reminders to accept memberships via paypal annually or every 5 years.
· Greta to find out what we get out of more about $35 membership software Sumac and report back.
· Blume to send Allen the member list.
Creek Restoration Project
Lake Gauge Report
• Today 9.22’ 4/6/2021 elevation above sea level.
• Last month 11.7’ 3/03/2021, for comparison 10.5’ 3/13/2020
Life Jacket Station at County Docks
· Renee, Mike and Alan are meeting on 4/8/2021 in the field to look at placement of sign.
· Need to get life jackets
· Ringo’s want to sponsor the sign.
· Blume mentioned that Travel Oregon is doing a ‘take care campaign’ which is a safety campaign for outdoor recreation. Maybe they would partner with TLA.
• Alan has 8 wake additional signs.
• Alan is building a bracket for piling on the at the south entrance of the canal.
• Debbie said she would allow a sign on her property at the mouth of Lindross.
• Denise said it would be nice to have one on shutters/devore arm. Alan will go look.
expenses:WIX.com 2 year contract for web site
reimbursed to Blume Bauer: 264.00
balance in checking acct: $42,431.85
balance in savings acct: 1.00
cash on hand: 49.67
total : $42,482.52
total donations for creek restoration: 80,445.26
total expenses for creek restoration: 53,289.90
total donated for 2021 fireworks: 3,208.81
submitted by Debbie Newman, treasurer TLA
TLA approved treasures report
Meeting adjourned 7:00pm