Agenda meeting TLA 2/06/2019 Lakeshore Lodge 6 PM

www.tenmilelakes.com TLA, Tenmile Lakes Association

meeting 2/6/2019 at Lakeshore Lodge 6PM

AGENDA

Call to Order

Board Roll Call and Introductions of members. Guests

Approval of minutes from 11/07//2018

President’s Report

Vice-President’s Report

Secretary’s Report

Treasurer’s Report

At Large Member’s Report

TLBP report

Committee Reports

Outreach & Membership -Julie Robbers

Next event Earth Day Lake and beach cleanup April 27; 10AM-2PM

Membership report -Rachele

Old Busines

Lake gauge report

Weed barrier sold

Next approach for low water 404 submitted to city

Dues increase

Reminder dues are now due for 2019 and end of year donations are accepted

Weather cam at Ringo’s

New Website submit pictures stories

New Business

1. Lake potty floats are not working and South Lake not at all and removed. Parts to fix are not available. I believe they were put in by the County Parks division and maintained by Oregon Marine Board

2. TLA septic improvement project.

3. Pressure guage for the lake level on TLBP websight not accurate and needs replaced for possible $ 800.

4. Recommenation for new projects and funding for TLBP. Public Comments and input

5. We need funding for Engineering evaluation for Beaver restoration project.

Adjournment

















TLA Meeting Minutes November

Tenmile Lakes Association Minutes 11/07/2018

Call to Order: 6>00pm

Board Members Present : Alan Whitney, Julie Robbers, Debbie Newman

Approval of minutes from 10/03/2018, motioned by D. Newman and K. Robbers, motion carried.

Presidents Report Alan Whitney: None

Vice Presidents Report Rachele Lyon: Not Present

Secretary Report Julie Robbers: See minutes at TLA's website

Treasures Report Debbie Newman:

beginning balance as of 9/05/18 is $12,888.58 Membership: $43.53 Donation by Alan Whitney. $500.00 Dinner ticket sales. $30.00 Cash for raffle ($100.00) Balance in checkbook. $13,307.80 Cash on hand $209.61 Total balance $13,517.41

At Large Member Report Blume: Not present, report submitted as follows:

1. Continued work on the new TLA website. Estimated ETA January 2019. 2. Began adminʼing TLA Facebook page, created FB event on TLA account and Discover Lakeside Oregon account for the history dinner, continued posting details and information about the history dinner on both the event and TLA page. 3. Assisted Julie Robbers with gathering raffle basket items. Donated items for the Gal Pal basket to go with the gift certificate from Lavish Salon. 4. Assisted Julie Robbers to acquire gift certificates for the raffle prize packages. 5. Created the gift certificate “tags” that will go in the baskets so that people can

easily see which gift goes with which package and also easily see the dollar amount itʼs for. 6. Created and printed the raffle jar labels.

TLBP Report Mike Mader: Not present, report submitted as follows: 1. All is going well with Beaver Reintro 404 permit. On draft #3 and I'm having dinner meeting tonight with DSL representative to discuss and get input. Completion ETA end of December beginning of January. 2. I have attached the old TLBP lake brochure. I think I drafted many, many years ago and itʼs in need of updating. I was hoping to get your input and edits to improve. Itʼs a trifold and looks kinda weird in the adobe format. Need information that our Lakefront owners need. Maderm

John Reiss has volunteered to help TLBP with the brochure.

Alan Whitney thinks TLBP needs to add stream erosion work, Stuart-ship of using low phosphates soaps.

It was brought up that there is a proposed In-pound yard to go in around hwy 101 and 8th street. TLBP evaluated it and said they would not want this as Eel Creek runs through this property and could contaminate the stream.

COMMITTEE REPORTS Outreach Report Julie Robbers: (Whitney, Robbers, Newman, Bauer, Reiss)

History Dinner - will be on November 17, 2018 this year and the topic is "Tribal Life on the water ways of Coos. Presented by Mark Petrie from the Confederated Tribes of Coos, Lower Umpqua & Siuslaw Indians. There are seven tickets left at this time. Large raffle baskets and wonderful items to be present.

Earth Day Clean up will be April 27, 2019 , meet up at Wulfy Beach 9am.

Lakeside fireworks will be on the 4th of July 2019, 2020, 2021. John Reiss is the main logistics contact person for Western Display. Julie Robbers is the main fundraising contact person at 541-982-9829.

Discussion about a possible May 2019 Cheese and Wine Boat Tour around Tenmile Lakes. TBD

Membership Report Rachele: not present

OLD BUSINESS

Lake Gauge Report John Reiss: The gauge is acting up, we think itʼs a bad sensor. A new water gauge is about $800 - $1000. TLA gave $500.00 to upgrade Data Logger already this last year. They are going to try and clean up the gauge and will report back at the next meeting.

Weed Barrier: Video is now available on YouTube. TLA can make these barriers for members at a cost of $100.00 per 10x10. Just a reminder you will need to move the barrier around and shake off the slit yearly.

Approach for low water: Is working on the 404 permit submission for a natural beaver dam.

Dues will increase to $25.00 in 2019 or $100.00 for five years.

New Website: Needs pictures, if you have any pictures and would like to share, please send them blumebauer@gmail.com

Weather Cam at Ringoʼs Marina: John Reiss said he has had this on his mind for sometime and has a lot of questions that need answers. Like how much do we want to spend on a camera system, exposure to the elements, quality of the

pictures. James Edwards thought this would tie in with our tourism and would look into see if the cities tourism tax dollars could help fund this in some way. Alan Whitney would like to see a higher end system without a monthly fee. The general consensus was to get a low to high cost and report back to the next general meeting with this information.

New Business: No general meeting in December and January. Next general meeting will be February 6th at 6pm - Lakeshore Lodge

Attended: 9

Adjournment: 6>44pm motioned by D. Newman and 2nd by K. Robbers Motion carried

The 404 Permit Request - Tenmile Creek Beaver Restoration Habitat

Friends,

Below you will find the full 404 Permit Request that Alan Whitney, Mike Mader and I have completed and have begun the submission process for a beaver restoration habitat along Tenmile Creek. Along with the downloadable document for all the review, I wanted to take a few minutes to summarize how we got to this point, and why we are pursuing this action.

First and foremost, as the owner of Ringo’s Lakeside Marina, I have a dog in this fight. I have witnessed in less that 10 years two of the 6 original marinas close due to low water conditions on Tenmile Lakes. My own floating structures have been repeatedly damaged and rendered unusable during the summer months. Also, countless lakefront owner docks have been damaged, local tourism has been impacted as boats struggle to launch in low water conditions and lake passage through Tenmile Canal is severely restricted.

Since moving to Lakeside in 2009 I have undertaken this fight 3 times and have been on the Water Depth subcommittee for all of my 10 years. Concrete Dams, Bladder Dams, Gated Weirs, you name it we have tried to do it. All of these options would work, all of them never got as far as the 404 permit request that we have completed here. Why? Water Rights, Fish Passage, excessive costs, make these options pretty much unapprovable. What is left for us to try is to create a beaver restoration habitat using all natural and native materials and restoring adjacent riparian areas, in hopes that some of the hundreds of beavers in our water system adopt our habitat. The positive side effect is that a restoration effort would naturally slow the flow of Tenmile Creek. This effort, if successful, would achieve approximately 2-3 feet of additional lake depth throughout the dry summer months (compared to doing nothing). Since our lake depth fluctuates throughout the year, I believe we can achieve 2-3 feet of additional depth as measured on Labor day weekend. This effort would also allow natural fish passage (beavers and fish have cohabitated for eons), and do so simply with a habitat restoration process that has already been approved and implemented throughout the United States including many locations in Oregon.

I already mentioned all previous options investigated are exceedingly expensive. Our project here is not without costs. I want to make it clear that it is my opinion that we as the TLA should and will fund this effort completely. If needed the TLA will setup a GoFundMe campaign should the costs exceed our ability to pay with what we have now. When I spoke to the Lakeside City Council on behalf of the TLA, I committed to the Council that the city would not incurr any costs for this project. While the city will hopefully approve the installation on city property, \any Surveys, permits, etc. to sastisfy the concerns of the city (or other agency) should fall on the TLA.

Finally, this project is not intended to be a be all end all solution to all the lakes’ problems. I do support this effort and believe that this the first doable improvement to the lake and will be a positive effort for the community. All risks should and will be scrutinized and mitigated. I would like to invite anyone down to the marina to discuss this project and discuss any concerns you have with me personally. I have also included my email should you want to discuss this project that way. I believe this to be a net positive for the entire community. Oregon is the Beaver State.

Sincerely,

John Reiss
jwreiss@yahoo.com
TLA Member, Lakefront Business Owner, and Lakeside Resident

Click Link to open PDF 404 Permit Application

Howdy,

I would like this information posted on both TLBP and TLA facebook pages

 

Attention Tenmile Lakefront Owners

 

If you are planning on replacing/repairing your existing dock or pilings or

you are planning on placing new pilings and/or a dock,

THESE ACTIONS REQUIRE PERMITS!

from the County and the Department of State Lands.

We here in Tenmile are very fortunate to have two wonderful contractors

that are willing to do this type of work and assist with these permits,

Lyons Construction and Robinson Barge Service.

Getting approval for a repair/replace permit can take up to 3 months and

approval for a new dock and pilings can take up to 6 months.

So plan earlier and talk with your contractor about how they suggest you start this

process and what are the required permit fees.

Please note, if you do not have your dock registered with the Department of State Lands,

no piling or dock permits will be authorized.

 

maderm

tlbp

TLA dinner

Saturday we had a sold out dinner at the Senior ceenter in Lakeside. The food was excellent and we thank Julie Robbers for that. The raffle was a success with many donated items from local businesses. These were collected by Blume Bauer and Julie and Ken Robbers. We should thank the local merchants by using their services this Christmas holiday. The talk by Mark Petrie on Indian life in the local area was informative and he brought many historical tools to describe and demonstrate. We all got a chance to catch up with friends and neighbors.

Agenda for meeting of 11/7/18 Lakeshore Lodge 6PM

www.tenmilelakes.com TLA, Tenmile Lakes Association

meeting 11/07/2018 at Lakeshore Lodge 6PM

AGENDA

Call to Order

Board Roll Call and Introductions of members. Guests

Approval of minutes from 10/03//2018

President’s Report

Vice-President’s Report

Secretary’s Report

Treasurer’s Report

At Large Member’s Report

TLBP report

Committee Reports

Outreach & Membership (Julie Robbers)

2018 dinner in Nov. 17 tickets now on sale

Membership report -Rachele

Old Busines

Lake gauge report

Weed barrier video now available on you tube

Next approach for low water 404 being prepared

Dues increase

Reminder dues are now due for 2019 and end of year donations are accepted

Weather cam at Ringo’s

New Website submit pictures stories

New Business Public Comments and input

Adjournment

Minutes from Oct meeting

                               Tenmile Lakes Association
                                               Minutes
                                             10/03/2018

Call to Order: 6:18pm

Board Members Present : Alan Whitney, Rachele Lyon, Julie Robbers, Debbie Newman

Approval of minutes from 9/5/2018, motioned by D. Newman and T. Beale, motion carried.
 
Presidents Report Alan Whitney: None
 
Vice Presidents Report Rachele Lyon: Went to the last months TLBP meeting and thinks their doing great work on the Lamprey project. There was a published agenda of all the restoration projects happening in Big Creek Arm and Adams Arm. Meetings are open to the public and wants to encourage anyone interested to attend.

Secretary Report Julie Robbers: See minutes at TLA's website

Treasures Report Debbie Newman:
beginning balance as of 9/05/18 is $12,773.76
Lake clean up.                                          $80.00
Dues:                                                         $99.82
No expenses
Balance in checkbook.                      $12,863.97
Cash on hand                                            $24.61
Total balance                                      $12,888.58







At Large Member Report Blume: Not present

TLBP Report Mike Mader: Not present. Tom Beale commented that slit has been filling in the end of shutters Arm. Rachele Lyons said she will bring this up at the next TLBP meeting. As of September 11, 2018 Lake level is at 4.2.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Outreach Report Julie Robbers: (Whitney, Robbers, Newman, Bauer, Reiss)

History Dinner - will be on November 17, 2018 this year and the topic is "Tribal Life on the water ways of Coos. Presented by Mark Petrie from the Confederated Tribes of Coos, Lower Umpqua & Siuslaw Indians. Tickets will be $30.00. Large raffle baskets and wonderful items to be present.

Discussion about a possible May 2019 Cheese and Wine Boat Tour around Tenmile Lakes. TBD

Membership Report Rachele: keeping on top of membership

OLD BUSINESS

Lake Gauge Report :  Is off

Weed Barrier: Video is now available on YouTube. TLA can make these barriers for members at a cost of $100.00 per 10x10. Just a reminder you will need to move the barrier around and shake off the slit monthly.

Approach for low water:  Looking to apply for a 404 for a natural beaver dam. John Reiss went to the City of Lakeside Council meeting on 9/13/18 to ask for their support on this application.  This was well received. Next meeting is on October 11th.
Bob Princehouse said it would would be really great to have at least two more feet of water in the lake in the summer.

Dues will  increase to $25.00 in 2019 or $100.00 for five years.

New Website: Needs pictures, if you have any pictures and would like to share, please send them blumebauer@gmail.com

New Business:

Any other New Business: None
Public Comments and Input: Several people made comments about observing the Nutria animals around the lake.

Attended: 15

Adjournment: 7:03pm motioned by D. Newman and seconded by K. Robbers Motion carried.






Sent from my iPad